I need a custom work to integrate and sync a WooCommerce site with an external ERP.
- ERP is custom built and can be accessible only with an odbc pilot, installed by the ERP developers. It is set up on server A.
- ERP is accesible in reading mode only, not in writing. (This is a restriction from the ERP developers. There might be an exception to send orders and other updates to the ERP, but this is not confirmed yet.)
- ERP uses HyperfileSQL.
- The website is obviously a WordPress site, using WooCommerce to handle e-commerce operations. The site is installed on server B.
What needs to be done:
- Mass import of products and clients
- Mass import about 5,000 products from the ERP to the website with their description, photo, price. (+ maybe some products characteristics like color, format etc. I'm awaiting information on this matter.)
- Mass import of existing clients with their addresses, contacts, and negotiated discounts. Discounts can be in the form of a % discount on a product or category or product basis. Discounts are different from one client to another and are stored in ERP's database.
- Regular updates from ERP to website
- Product information (new products, pricing, stock) and client information (addresses, contacts, discounts) must be updated at least once a day.
- Stock management
- In the spirit of updates described above, stocks on the website need to be synced to the ERP. I need suggestions as to the best way to proceed here about when to retrieve the information when user loads a given product page? When he checks out?
- The project is to be started in less than a month from now, I.E, before the end of January.
- I'm looking for someone with prior experience in making WordPress communicate with external databases, as well as experience with Woocommerce.
- Code is needed but also suggestions for best overall results.
- Communication needs to be top notch.
- It is preferred if you speak French as a conversation between the ERP developers and the contractor will be needed at some point to discuss database queries (how does their database work, where to get what, etc). HOWEVER, speaking French is not mandatory - skills are preferred over language. I can still act as a layer between the ERP developers and the chosen contractor if you tell me exactly what you need to know.
- 2 other integrations with the same ERP will follow if collaboration is successful.
Please don't hesitate to ask whatever details you might need.
Thank you for your interest in Modern Retail and our WooCommerce Integrator. We’ve been integrating with POS and ERP for nearly 10 years, and you’re going to find we’re experts in these integrations. We have a variety of ways of getting your ERP system integrated with WooCommerce which you can read about here:
Your ERP developers could integrate with us directly using our API which you can read more about here:
This API is pretty robust but can be extended if necessary, based on your requirements.
What’s nice about our WooCommerce integration is that it’s ALREADY DONE! You wouldn’t need to pay us to figure out how to integrate with WooCommerce because we have already developed this integration! Here’s a copy of what our dashboard looks like in WooCommerce (clients love it):
What we would need to figure out by working with your developers is how your ERP system is going to “talk” to our Integration Middleware. If you read the link above, we have a variety of ways of getting your ERP system integrated with WooCommerce but would need to work with your developers to figure out which one is best. Once we do that, we can get your ERP integrated with WooCommerce.
I think you’ll find we’re experts at integrating ERP systems with WooCommerce; we’ve been doing integrations for over a decade and have amassed a great deal of knowledge and technology. Here are just some of the articles you might find interesting:
- Avoid Overselling (Allocation)
- Difference Engine
- 100% Inventory Accuracy
- Connecting Disparate Systems
- Integrating Existing Products
- Integration Project & Process (Onboarding)
- Ongoing Support & Upgrades
- Setup & Monthly Fee
I suspect you’re also interested in how the integration works with WooCommerce side, so please read:
Please let me know if you need anything else or if you would like to jump on a call. Thank you.