Hope you are doing well. I just have a few questions before signing up with Lightspeed/WooCommerce integration service.
- We are using WooCommerce Booking Extension. Will it cause any issue in the integration?
- What does your monthly fee cover? Are you guaranteeing certain services/support/upgrades along the way?
- How long does the setup and integration take? What type of access do you need for Lightspeed and for WooCommerce? Are there restrictions on what data can be integrated commonly?
- What are the biggest challenges in the integrations that a customer needs to be aware of before they start?
Thanks for asking, I’m doing great! Regarding your questions:
- I took a look at the WooCommerce Bookings plugin, and I can’t imagine there would be any conflict with our WooCommerce Integrator.
- Please read:
- It will take us around 2 weeks to do the Lightspeed integration. From Lightspeed, we should only need your API key. Regarding restrictions, there is no limit to how much data you can "push" with Modern Retail, although there might be a limit from Lightspeed (these limits are generally set pretty high).
- Products that are already in WooCommerce that have been entered "outside" of an integration cannot be integrated. You must add the products “through” this integration if you want your Lightspeed products to be tied to your WooCommerce products.
Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
More Q & A
Additional questions and answers regarding the Lightspeed integration with WooCommerce:
- QUESTION: Does your integration sync matrix product from Lightspeed to variable product in WooCommerce?
- ANSWER: Yes, it does.
- QUESTION: If my product already exists in both WooCommerce and Lightspeed, but the matrix products (Lightspeed) and the variables (WooCommerce) for each of them have not been created, will it be imported in WooCommerce when we create the matrix in Lightspeed?
- ANSWER: I’m glad you found and read the article about integrating existing products. The answer is, I don’t know for sure, but I doubt it. In order for the integration to work, the SKU field in WooCommerce must be populated correctly from Lightspeed. If these key fields do not match, then there’s no way the products can be integrated. Sorry.
- QUESTION: Another question, if we credit a customer via Lightspeed, will this customer have access to its credit via WooCommerce?
- ANSWER: Order changes done in Lightspeed are not sent to WooCommerce. The following article does a pretty good job of explaining the WooCommerce integration and process. If you look at the first diagram closely, you’ll notice the Order and Customers “arrows” flow from WooCommerce to Lightspeed. Meaning, orders and returns done in Lightspeed are not sent to WooCommerce. However, if you CAN process a return in WooCommerce, then that return will go down to Lightspeed as a return automatically!
Finally, you should be aware that Lightspeed is currently have some serious problems with their API, making any sort of integration with their system very challenging. Please read:
- Lightspeed API Problems
- Please note: Lightspeed API problems started on September 18, 2015 and may have been fixed by the time you are reading this article. Please contact Lightspeed if you need additional information about the performance of their API.