If the products that are pulled from RunIt are not automatically assigned to a category in Magento, then where do they go??
When products get added to the RunIt Webstore they come over and automatically get added to Magento "at the top of the list" (if you have it sorted by ID). This is of course for new products. Pricing and inventory updates happen all day long and are shown in your catalog (e.g. inventory goes down or up and the pricing changes or it goes on sale).
I am trying to figure out the logistics of how things would work/flow for us. We have over 8,000 skus in our business which breaks down to about 3,000 individual styles. We have a lot to manage and a small staff. Maybe you can walk/talk me though the process.
I'm assuming first we flag an item in runit. (How do we flag an item in Runit to sell on the web) Then we click a button to sync or it does it automatically? Then all the item are brought into the catalog, with a status of disabled? (going off the print screen in email, looking at the Visibility and the disables columns). Is that about right?
The following articles has a really nice overview of how the process works:
Regarding your specific questions:
- QUESTION: I'm assuming first we flag an item in runit. (How do we flag an item in Runit to sell on the web)
- ANSWER: Yes, you “flag” the item by sticking in the Webstore using RunIt’s “MoveIt” feature.
- QUESTION: Then we click a button to sync or it does it automatically?
- ANSWER: Eveything happens automatically – thank goodness!
- QUESTION: Then all the item are brought into the catalog, with a status of disabled?
- ANSWER: It an item has zero inventory, it will of course have a QOH of 0, but we also set the item to “Out of Stock”. If at a later date it has inventory again, the QOH will something great than 0 and the status will be “In Stock”. We never mess with the Enable / Disable flag in Magento.
- QUESTION: Is that about right?
- ANSWER: Yep you got it!
How does Support work and what do I get for my going fees?
In a nutshell we'll support you if you have a question or problem with the RunIt integration with Magento. Your ongoing fees not only pay for this support but also the bandwidth, server time, etc. to keep the integration running for you. Finally, we're constantly making improvement and upgrades to both our Middleware that connects to RunIt and our Magento Integrator. Please read the following article for more information: