Depending on which Modern Retail features you're using (Curbside & In-Store Pickup, Local Delivery, Ship from Store, etc.) and how your business works, you may want to customize when orders get sent to your Epicor Eagle system, and what kind of order gets sent. This article will cover what your options are, and how they might affect your business.
We send two different order types to Epicor Eagle:
- Open Orders
- When an Open Order goes to the POS system, it is an editable order that will likely have to be marked as completed in your POS system. The benefit to open orders is that you can modify the order whenever you want, prior to completion & after it is sent to the POS system.
- The downside to an open order is that returns are not sent down to your POS system.
- Tickets are essentially completed orders; they cannot be edited in the POS system.
When are Orders Sent?
Orders can be sent down to your POS system at different points in the "ordering" process. Here are your options:
- The order can be sent when the order is placed..
- The order can be sent when the order is invoiced, ie when the money for the order is captured.
- The order can be sent when the order is completed (shipped, picked up, or delivered).
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us with a support request.