Adding categories in Magento Multi Store is very similar to adding categories in a single store installation, with a few notable differences. The steps below will take you thru the process.
Information on creating categories can be found here.
- Log into Magento > Catalog > Manage Categories.
- The Store View dropdown should be set to All Store Views.
- Click Add Root Category or Add Subcategory as needed and name the category.
- Set the Is Active drop down to No.
- Set the Include in Navigation Menu to No.
- On the Display Settings tab, set the Is Anchor to either Yes or No as appropriate.
- Click Save Category.
- Your new category will be grayed out.
- Change the Store View to the store the category should be displayed in.
- When the page refreshes, click on your new category.
- Uncheck the Use Default Value beside the Is Active field.
- Change the Is Active drop down to Yes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the same process for the Include in the Navigation Menu.
- Save your category.
Now it will display as active within the selected Store View.