In order to set up Ship from Store, you'll have to configure Modern Retail as a store in ShipStation. We'll talk about how to do that in this article.
Adding Modern Retail as a Store
Here's a step by step list for setting Modern Retail up as a store in ShipStation.
1. Log in to your ShipStation account.
2. Go to Settings (1) in the top right corner.
3. From there, head to the Selling Channels (2) option in the left hand menu.
4. Click on Store Setup (3).
5. On this new screen, click on Connect a Store or Marketplace
6. Select Custom Store from the new window that opens up, pictured below.
7. This should open up a new window for configuring a custom store, pictured below:
8. Enter the following URL in the URL to Custom XML Page: https://staging.modernretail.com/empty.xml
9. In the Username & Password fields, you'll want to enter the Modern Retail API keys found in the Admin Panel (Settings>API Keys)
- You'll enter the API Key in the Username Field, and the API Secret in the Password Field.
10. In the Custom Store window in ShipStation, click on Test Connection in the bottom right corner after filling out the previously mentioned fields.
11. After testing your connection, hit the Connect button in the bottom right corner.
12. Next, go to your ShipStation profile by clicking on the profile icon (1) in the top right corner of the ShipStation website.
13. From there, go to Account (2) on the left hand menu, and select API Settings (3).
14. Copy the API Key and API Secret (4).
15. Go back to the API Keys page in the Admin Panel (Settings>API Keys).
16. On the right side of this page, you'll see a column labelled External Integration Keys. Select the New button beneath this column.
- Be sure that you add a new external integration key, and not a new Modern Retail API Key.
17. Enter the API Key from ShipStation in the Site field, and the API Secret in the Secret Token field.
At this stage everything is configured, however we also recommend renaming the custom store you've set up. You can do this by going back to the Selling Channels>Store Setup page, and selecting Edit to the right of the Custom Store.
From there, enter the name of your store (or whatever makes sense to you to use) in the Store Name field.
And that's it! If you have any further questions please reach out to your Modern Retail Project Manager, or use a support request if your project has already been completed.