On Friday at midnight Modern Retail rolled out an update (version 2.6.11) to the CounterPoint Integrator. Unfortunately, for some clients, this update included a problem that corrupted the configuration file used by the CounterPoint Integrator. This article will inform you, or your IT professional, of the appropriate steps to take to resolve the issue.
You'll know you have this problem if you see the following error message when running the Modern Retail Integrator on your server:
Please follow these simple steps to resolve this problem yourself.
- Click the FixMRCPISetup.bat file Modern Retail sent you in the support request from Sunday, May 17th.
- Microsoft Windows will ask you to save this file to your computer. Click Save File, and remember the location where it was stored on your computer.
- Copy the FixMRCPISetup file to the computer where Modern Retail's CounterPoint Integrator is installed, most likely your CounterPoint server. Double-click on FixMRCPISetup from your CounterPoint server.
Note, the program is very quick and there will be no message after it has run.
- Find the Modern Retail Integrator icon on your server's desktop, right-click on the icon, and select Run as administrator.
- Finally, go to Service > Start to restart the CounterPoint Integrator.
If you are unable to install the attached program, please send us the name and phone number of someone we can reach who has access to your CounterPoint server so this problem can be resolved.
We’re sorry for the disruption this has caused your business, we try very hard to avoid these sorts of problems. We’re going to do our best to get everyone up and running again as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.