The Modern Retail Integration requires specific BigCommerce API credentials. BigCommerce Account Owners are the only BigCommerce users who can generate these API credentials. This article will tell you how to do generate the API credentials.
Generating BigCommerce API Credentials
The steps outlined below will show you how to navigate BigCommerce and generate the needed API credentials.
- Log into BigCommerce.
- Go to the Advanced Settings Menu.
- Select API Accounts from the menu.
- On the next screen, select "Create API Account" at the top of the screen.
- Select "Create V2/V3 API Token" from the drop-down menu.
- Please name the Account "Modern Retail Integration".
- The below images capture the settings that need to be changed. In specific, the following must be changed from their default settings:
1. Change Customers from none to modify
2. Change Information & Settings from none to read-only
3. Change Marketing from none to modify
4. Change Orders from none to modify
5. Change Order Transactions from none to modify
6. Change Get Payment Methods from non to read-only
7. Change Products from none to Modify
8.Change Carts from none to Modify
9.Change Storefront API Tokens from none to manage
10.Change Storefront API Customer Impersonation Tokens from none to manage.
- Select "Save".
- After selecting "save" you'll see a new window open that has the API Credentials. When the window opens, BigCommerce will also generate a text file; look in the lower left corner of your browser for the file to download or save.
- Click on the file so that it opens and then save the file on your computer.
- Upload the file to the API Credentials task in the Onboarding center.
These credentials are needed in order for the integration to work; once we have them we can begin work to configure the integration.
As always, if you have any questions, please ask your Project Manager or submit a Support request.