eGift Cards need to be created and configured in a specific way in WooCommerce in order to properly generate gift cards for your shoppers. This help page will show you how to quickly and easily create eGift Cards for your customers.
Configuring eGift Cards
Before creating your eGift Cards in WooCommerce, please note the eGift Cards must start as a product with a price in some POS systems. After you've set up the eGift Card in your POS system as a priced product, you can then create the eGift Card as a product in WooCommerce.
You can create Gift Cards in one of two ways:
- As simple products, each with their own product page
- As variant products, with one product page and a dropdown menu with the denominations
Simple eGift Card Products
- Create & edit the eGift Card product like you would a normal product. Fill out the name, description fields, add images, etc. If you're using PINs, consider including that information in the product description.
- From the Product Data Dropdown (highlighted in the image above), select Gift Card for the Product Type.
- If you're creating this egift card as a simple product, then go to the Inventory menu under Product Data and uncheck Enable stock management at product level.
- In the Stock Status dropdown beneath the box you just unchecked, select "In Stock". This prevents WooCommerce from thinking that you've sold out of egift cards.
Variable eGift Card Products
If you're creating your egift card as a variable product with multiple options (say, for different amounts of money), then you'll have to perform steps 4 & 5 for each variation. You can do this by going to Variants, and clicking on the number in front of each variant to open their menu:
- Check the Virtual box
- Uncheck the Manage Stock checkbox
- Set the Stock Status to "In Stock".
This product is now ready to be sold as an eGift Card. When purchased, your shoppers will receive an email with their gift card code and PIN, if applicable.
As always, if you need any help or have questions please open a Support Ticket and we'll take a look! You can also read more about how we handle gift cards in the gift card section of our help system, here.