Magento requires that you create and configure eGift Cards in a specific way for your shoppers. This help page will show you how to quickly and easily create eGift Cards for your customers' use.
Configuring eGift Cards
All eGift Cards must start as a product with a price in your Point of Sale (POS) system. They do not need to have inventory, and you can allow backorder in Magento.
- You will need to create an attribute called:
- This attribute should be a simple Yes/No option for the catalog input type. The value does not need to be required for every product.
- Be sure to assign this new attribute to your Default Attribute Set. Additional information on creating Attributes can be found in our Help Library.
- Edit the eGift Card product like you would any other product; update the product name, assign it to a category, add images etc. If you are requiring PINS for your eGift Cards consider including that information in the product description.
- On the main editing page, be sure to set the value for the Gift Card attribute to "Yes".
This product is now ready to be sold as an eGift Card. When purchased, your shoppers will receive an email with their gift card code and PIN if applicable.
As always, if you need any help or have questions please open a Support Ticket and we'll take a look!