eGift Cards need to be created and configured in a specific way in Magento in order for the gift card to be generated properly for your shoppers. This help page will show you how.
Configuring eGift Cards
ALL eGift Cards must start as a product with a price in your POS system. They do not need to have inventory, you can allow backorder in Magento.
- You will need to create an attribute called:
- This attribute should be a simple Yes/No option for the catalog input type. The value does NOT need to be required for every product.
- Be sure to assign this new attribute to your Default Attribute Set. Additional information on creating Attributes can be found in our Help Library.
- Edit the eGift Card product like you would any other product, update the product name, assign it to a category, add images etc. If you are requiring PINS for your eGift Cards consider including that information in the product description.
- On the main editing page, be sure to set the value for the Gift Card attribute to "Yes".
This product is now ready to be sold as an eGift Card. When purchased, your shoppers will receive an email with their gift card code and PIN if applicable.