You can easily add PDF files to either content or product descriptions in Magento following the steps below.
Adding PDF files to Products
- Log into Magento and navigate to either the product or content you want to add the PDF file to. In these directions, we'll be adding a PDF file to a product.
- Within the product, open the WYSIWYG Editor by clicking on the WYSIWYG button below the description field.
The editor will open in a lightbox. Once it opens, look for the image upload icon in the Toolbar.
Click the image icon to upload your PDF file.
- Select the browse button to upload your file.
- In the next window, select "Browse Files" again to surf your device for the desired file.
NOTE: You may see previously uploaded files! That's okay!
Surf your computer to find the file you want to upload, once you find the file select it for upload. Your file must be a PDF before you upload it!
- Copy and Paste the file name when you select the file from your device.
NOTE: Your file name must NOT have any spaces or special characters in it!
- After selecting the file for upload, you'll see the file name in the Magento window.
Select "Upload Files".
- Insert your file name into this code snippet:
<a href="/media/wysiwyg/pdf/Credit_Card_Authorization_v12.pdf">Download PDF</a>
Exit the WYSIWYG Editor.
- Insert your code snippet into the text editor.
You'll see the word "Download" on the front end of your site in the appropriate description field.
Adding PDF Files to Pages & Static Blocks
You'll use all the same steps as noted above with one exception! In both Pages and Static Blocks the Editor is available right away; there is no need to click the WYSIWYG button to load the editor.