Hi, I'm interested in learning more about your integration software for counterpoint.
- Can it work with other platforms such aspdotnetstorefront?
- Of the platforms that you do support, are there any differences in features based on the platform? For instance does the BigCommerce integration have more features than the magento integration?
- Do you set it up for both sides (web and counterpoint) or will we need to hire someone to do this?
- Do you have any technical details on how the integration works and which technologies it is built on?
Thank you for your interest in Modern Retail and our Counterpoint Integrator. In response to your questions:
- I’m sorry our Counterpoint Integrator only works with Bigcommerce, Magento, Shopify and WooCommerce today. There are no plans on adding ASPDotNetStoreFront.
- Yes there are differences between Bigcommerce, Magento, Shopify and WooCommerce. If I were to lump them together I would put Bigcommerce and Shopify together, they are both “hosted solutions”. You could also lump WooCommerce with Magento, which are both “open source solutions”. There are also functional difference between these platforms but is beyond the scope of what could be answered in an email. If you hired Modern Retail to build a website for you, we would help you figure out which platform would work the best for your business. If you’re working with another agency then we’re really just responsible for the integration with Counterpoint (e.g. your agency would help you make this decision and we don’t get involved).
- Yes, our setup fee included everything you need to get this integration running. Please read Integration Project & Process (Onboarding).
- The following article describes the integration in more detail from the Counterpoint side, Counterpoint Integration Overview. It works pretty similar whether you’re using Bigcommerce, Magento, Shopify or WooCommerce. To give you a general idea of how it works from the ecommerce platform side, please read this article about WooCommerce Integrator Overview.
I think that’s it. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.