WooCommerce comes with an easy, drag and drop function to help manage the display order of your products.
Unless you edit the order, products will appear in a category in the order you add them, with the most recently added product showing first on the category list page.
To edit the display order of a category, follow the steps outlined below.
- Log into WordPress > Products.
- Set the filters for either the brand or category you'd like to edit the display order of. Modern Retail recommends leaving the "Show All Product Types" and Dates filters as they are.
- Click Filter.
- After the products have been filtered, look for the "Sort Products" feature listed above the filter drop downs.
- Click "Sort Products." Depending on how many products are in the category, it may take a minute or two for the page to reload.
- Once the page reloads, you will be able to drag and drop your products into whatever order you'd like. The new order saves automatically; there's no additional action to take!
In order for Custom Product Display Order to work, be sure the WooCommerce Settings for Display are configured to Default sorting (custom ordering + name):