I have a bunch of questions about your Counterpoint integration. I'm not sure if we're going to build our website in WooCommerce or Magento.
- Does your system essentially plug into WooCommerce / Magento without much additional code / config overhead?
- Does it utilize the native template functions of each system or are we locked into specific functionality / layout / iframed content / etc?
- In the event of a security issue with either Magento or WooCommerce how quickly can we expect and update to the plugin / add-on that makes this all work?
- How does the information reach our site? Via XML, direct database connection, etc.
- Do we retain all of the product data or merely fetch & display from your data source never storing the products on our end?
Thank you in advance for answering this questions about how we can get CounterPoint integrated with our website.
No problem I'm happy to help. Here are the answers to your above questions:
- Yes, that’s right we’ve developed extensions for both WooCommerce and Magento to connect these platforms to Counterpoint. Yes, there’s some configuration work need but Modern Retail does that as part of our setup.
- The design of the website is independent on the integration. You can use whatever theme, template, etc. that you wish. Our integration with both WooCommerce and Magento is at the “data level” not the “presentation level”.
- Recovering the website from a backup or image would also restore our WooCommerce or Magento extension. If for some reason you were to need us to reinstall our extension, we could do that, but you would be billed at our standard rates for this work.
- Information reaches your website using the aforementioned extension to WooCommerce or Magento.
- All data is stored locally in either WooCommerce or Magento. Yes, we are constantly “refreshing” this data in these platforms the data itself resides inside the platform’s database.
Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.