Does Modern Retail have any experience working with the Sequoia ePOS? I work for a website development company, and we have an opportunity which could lead to even more opportunities, but we need to find a partner who can build the integration between Bigcommerce and Sequoia ePOS.
We don’t currently have an integration with Sequoia ePOS, but we'd love to help you with this integration. Taking a look at the Sequoia website, they appear to have their own website offering that competes with Bigcommerce:
ePOS from Sequoia Retail Systems allows retail stores, student activities, and other campus locations to design and maintain an online storefront. Bring convenience to your campus community and beyond with a complete website provided through Sequoia's hosted services.
- Maintain your brand and independence through a store website
- Reduce overhead costs by way of hosted services
- Sell with confidence via PCI certified check out
- Better serve your campus community by accepting credit cards, campus cards, financial aid, and gift cards
- Extend your market to web-enabled mobile devices
- Simplify special event orders by capturing data through custom forms
- Ensure events are not oversold through item limits
- Minimize support costs by managing web content via an easy-to-use content administrator
Many of these services compete directly with Bigcommerce, however, I suspect they have a POS system as well and will allow us to integrate with it.
The following article describes your options around this integration:
I could not find any information on the Sequoia ePOS website about an application programming interface (API) or import/export capabilities. If Sequoia has an API, then it would be fairly easy to get their API connected to our API. If they don’t have an API, then we could always use Modern Retail's Inventory CSV/XML Uploader using FTP. We have a variety of other methods that we’ve used over the years which we could try as well.
May I make a suggestion? Could you please ask your client to e-mail your representative at Sequoia and let them know we’re interested in getting their application integrated with Bigcommerce? Please ask them to copy me on the message, and I’ll immediately reply asking to set up a meeting with Sequoia. Getting our developers to talk with their developers even for 30 minutes makes a huge difference and can really help to “jump start” the integration efforts.
Thanks and let me know if you need anything else.