In order to connect Counterpoint to your website, Modern Retail must install our Counterpoint Integrator on your computer or server. This integrator sends data back and forth between Counterpoint and Modern Retail's Middleware using our Application Programming Interface (API), which ultimately allows us to send data back and forth with your Bigcommerce, Magento, Shopify or WooCommerce website.
Modern Retail typically installs the Counterpoint Integrator for our clients. However, some customers prefer their internal IT group to install our Counterpoint Integrator instead. These installation and setup instructions are meant to aid those customers who wish to do it themselves.
Modern Retail Integrator Configuration Questions
- CP Database Source:
- The network name or IP number of the MSSQL server where the Counterpoint database is located. If the MSSQL server is on the same machine as where the Integrator will be installed, localhost may be used.
- CP Database:
- The name of the Counterpoint database.
- Database Username:
- The MSSQL user must have dbcreator privileges. Additionally, dbreader and dbwriter privileges on the Counterpoint database.
- Database User Password
- Counterpoint POS Store:
- A separate Counterpoint store of the purpose of the integrator is not required but recommended. Having a separate Counterpoint store allows for greater flexibility in customizing the integration based on client needs.
- 6) Web Store Price:
- Please select which Counterpoint Item price to send to the web store. Regular Price, Price-1, Price-2, Price-3, Price-4, Price-5 or Price-6.
- Web Store Sales:
- Please select which Counterpoint Item price to send to the web store as the Sales Price. Or you may choose the Counterpoint “Price Rules”, Regular Price, Price-1, Price-2, Price-3, Price-4, Price-5 or Price-6.
- Use E-Commerce HTML Description:
- By default the Integrator uses the item log description. Some clients have an investment in item HTML descriptions used in previous integration. If "Use HTML description" is selected, the Integrator will send the item HTML description if available.
- Counterpoint Primary Inventory Location:
- You can list as many Inventory locations as required. The primary location will be first, flowed by secondary locations. Integrator will aggregate QTY_AVAIL.
- Misc. Charge used for shipping:
- Please indicate which CounterPoint Misc. Charge is used for shipping. Misc. Charge-1, Misc. Charge-2, Misc. Charge-3, Misc. Charge-4 or Misc. Charge-5
- Misc. Charge taxable:
- Please indicate if Misc. Charge is taxable. Yes/No
- POS Station ID:
- A unique POS station for web site is recommended. Example: WEB
- POS Drawer ID:
- A unique POS drawer for web site is recommended. Example: WEB
- POS Payment:
- Code Must be a CASH payment type. A unique payment type for web site is recommended. Example: WEB
- POS Liability Payment Code:
- Use to account for Store Value cards used to make a web store purchase. Must be a CASH payment type and is required. A unique payment type for web site is recommended. Example: WEBSVC
- POS Gift Certificate Payment Code:
- Please indicate the GFC pay code used for processing Counterpoint GFC used in web store.
- POS Sales Rep
- POS Currency Code
- POS Tax Code
- A unique tax code for web store is recommended. Example: WEB The web store will be responsible for determining the amount of tax to collect. The value of the amount of tax collected in an order will be passed down to the integrator. The integrator will place the tax collected value in the Counterpoint tax code selected. The web store will be the tax reporting authority.
- Counterpoint POS Tax code requires a configured tax authority. How the tax authority is configured does not matter as the Integrator will ignore the tax authority configuration.
- Registration Name
- Registration Key
- API User
- API Password
- API Service Key
- In the Ecommerce Control window, there is a checkbox labeled "Use Ecommerce". This checkbox must be checked.
- Setup->Point of Sale->Stores
- Allow auto-count
- Allow auto-reconcile
Download and run the Integrator MRCPISetup.exe installation program provided. The Setup program will check for .NET Framework 4.5 on host machine. During installation, If .NET Framework 4.5 is not found on host machine, the Integrator will fail to install.
The Integrator software contains 3 Windows services named: MRCPIService, MRCPIOrderService, MRCPIAPUDR, and a Graphical User Interface. The service MRCPIService is responsible for sending product information to Modern Retail API. The MRCPIOrderService is responsible for importing orders into Counterpoint. The MRCPIAPUDR service wakes up around midnight and auto-updates the Integrator if a newer version exists. Once configured, the services will run in the background and are responsible for all automated tasks.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to submit a support request through the Modern Retail Admin Panel.