Modern Retail's integration with CounterPoint allows your Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento website to synchronize data with CounterPoint. This article gives you an overview of how this integration works and the interaction between CounterPoint and your e-commerce website.
The following is how data flows back and forth between CounterPoint and your website that's been built using Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento, which we will call your "e-commerce platform."
- Modern Retail's CounterPoint Integrator gets installed on your host computer. This Integrator connects CounterPoint to Modern Retail's integration services.
- In CounterPoint, you can decide which products you'd like to sell online.
- Modern Retail can perform some advanced data manipulation features in our Integrator. Magento customers typically need "attribute mapping" done before the data gets to Magento, and this is all done with the Integrator. For example, Modern Retail has the ability to map colors, so instead of 20 different red colors being added in Magento for Red, Rose, Wine, etc., all you will see in Magento is one attribute called Red.
- Showing all in-store and online orders in CounterPoint gives you a complete view of your customers' in-store and online buying habits.
- How frequently this integration runs is up to you, but most retailers find that a 30 or 60 minute interval works well. Shorter intervals are possible depending on your selected e-commerce platform.
If you have any questions on how this CounterPoint integration works, please send us a Support Request and we'd be happy to help.