After adding a group or batch of products, consider taking the following steps to "force" them to display on the front-end of the site.
The steps outlined below must be done in the order specified. Each step should be allowed to complete before going on to the next step.
If you clear the cache first and then reindex, your data will NOT update on the front end of the site; the steps must be followed in order.
Reindex the Category Products Index and Product Prices Index
- Navigate to System > Index Management
- Check the "Category Products" Index.
- Check the Product Prices Index.
- Make sure the "Actions" Dropdown is set to "Reindex Data" and hit "Submit".
Allow the Reindexing job to complete. It should be very quick. When the job is complete, there will be a notification displayed at the top of the page in green.
Flush All Caches
- Once the reindexing is complete, navigate to Cache Management.
- At the top of the page, click "Select All" so that all cache jobs are selected.
Go to the Actions area and make sure the drop down is set to "Refresh". Click Submit.
When the cache refresh jobs are complete, there will be a completion message at the top of the page.
This process should be followed after entering a batch of products; not after adding a product before moving onto adding another product.
- A complete site reindex should be done as a last resort, it will slow down the site's performance! Depending on the size of your catalog, it could impact performance for quite awhile. (30 minutes or more!)