The integration with Epicor Eagle uses Modern Retail integration technology to synchronize data between Epicor Eagle and your Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento website. This article gives you an overview of how this integration works and the interaction between Epicor Eagle and your e-commerce website.
The following is how data flows back and forth between Epicor Eagle and your website that's been built using Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento, which we will call your "e-commerce platform."
- Epicor sends all products to be sold online to Modern Retail’s FTP site, which is a dedicated site for the store.
- Modern Retail’s Middleware will parse the data in the Epicor data file and update the necessary database fields and tables.
- Modern Retail sends all updates to your e-commerce platform. For new products, they are added to your e-commerce platform. For inventory and pricing updates, these changes will automatically be reflected in your platform as well. All of this is done by our Middleware passing data to your e-commerce platform.
- Customers merchandise products in the e-commerce platform by modifying the product name, updating the description, uploading images, etc. When they are satisfied with a product, they make it visible on the website to be sold online.
- Customers ship online orders in the e-commerce platform or using a 3rd party solution like ShipStation. Modern Retail's Integrator sends the order and customer information to our Middleware.
- The Middleware takes the order and customer information and writes the data out to a file on the FTP site to be picked up by Epicor.
- Epicor picks up the order file from the FTP site and inserts the order and customer information into Epicor.
If you have any questions on how this Epicor integration works, please send us a Support Request and we'd be happy to help.