Occasionally, products require information from the shopper so that the order can be completed. This information may include, names, initials, numbers etc. The steps below will show you how to add a custom field to a product.
Custom Options can be found within any configurable product or simple product for those items that are not already associated with a configurable product.
- Log into Magento > Catalog > Manage Products and find the product you'd like to work with. Open or edit the product.
- In the left navigation, you'll see the Custom Options tab toward the bottom of the options.
- Select Custom Options.
- On the next screen, select Add New Option on the top right of the screen.
- The Custom Option fields will load and are ready for configuration.
- The Title field will be the label or name of the field and will appear on the front end of the site.
- Input Type will typically be a text field, but other options are available.
- Is this information required for a shopper to complete their purchase? Make the appropriate selection.
- If you have more than one Custom Option on the page, the sort order determines which field goes first.
After you select the Input Type, additional fields will appear and need to be configured.
Be sure to save your work! We recommend clicking Save & Continue Edit when adding multiple Custom Options.