Occasionally clients need to add an additional simple product to an existing configurable product. The steps below will outline how to do this.
- Log into Magento and navigate to the configurable product you want to add a simple product to.
- Go to the Associated Products Tab.
- Copy the name of one of the simple products. Do not include the size if it is in the name.
- Change the drop down at the top of the listing of Simple Products to "Any" and paste the name of the simple product in the Name field.
- Click "Search".
- At the bottom of the list of Simple products, you'll see the new Simple Product that needs to be added to the configurable product. It will not have a check mark.
- Check the box next to the Simple product to be added. Then click "Save".
That's it! If you have any questions, please submit a support request.