The integration with Epicor Eagle uses Modern Retail integration technology to synchronize data between Epicor Eagle and your Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento website. This article gives you a overview of how this integration works and the interaction between Epicor Eagle and your ecommerce website.
The following is how data flows back and forth between TylerNet and your website that's been built using Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento, which we will call your "ecommerce platform".
- TylerNet sends all products to be sold online to the Modern Retail’s FTP site, which is a dedicated site for the store.
- Modern Retail’s Middleware will parse the data in the TylerNet data file and update the necessary database fields and tables.
- Modern Retail sends all updates to your ecommerce platform. For new products they are added to ecommerce platform. For inventory and pricing updates, these changes will automatically be reflected in in your platform as well. All of this is done by our Middleware passing data to your ecommerce platform.
- Customers merchandise the product in ecommerce platform by modifying the product name, updating the description, uploading images, etc. When they are satisfied with the product they make it visible on the website to be sold online.
- Customer ships online orders in the ecommerce platform or using a 3rd party solution like ShipStation. Modern Retail's Integrator sends the order and customer information to our Middleware.
- The Middleware takes the order and customer information and writes the data out to a file on the FTP site to be picked up by TylerNet.
- TylerNet picks up the order file from the FTP site and inserts the order and customer information into TylerNet.
If you have any questions on how this TylerNet integration works, please send us a Support Request and we'd be happy to help.