February 12, 2015
Today WooCommerce officially released version 2.3 aptly named, Handsome Hippo. Below you'll find WooCommerce's release notes on this newest version.
As the codename Handsome Hippo (hopefully) suggests, a lot of attention in this release has been paid to WooCommerce’s appearance / UI, on both the front and back end.
On the frontend, we’ve added several little usability enhancements such as:
- A more simplistic ‘flat’ design (for themes without a specific WooCommerce integration) and updated email design
- The ability to remove products from the cart via the cart widget
- Classes / markup for responsive tables (see the orders table on ‘my account’)
- Moved the ‘Proceed to checkout’ button to a more appropriate location
- An ‘undo’ option when removing products from the cart
We’ve also removed a couple of features:
- The +/- quantity increment buttons – `input type=”number”` is well supported making this feature redundant
- The style settings (button colors etc.)
- The ability to create non pre-tax coupons, read full post
Both of these features can be replaced using their plugin counterparts:
The WooCommerce colors plugin will automatically detect any previous settings when you activate it so the transition will be smooth should you still need that functionality.