Modern Retail can integrate your website with Retail Pro Version 8 using a simple inventory report. This articles describes how this report can be created and uploaded to Modern Retail for processing.
The report that needs to be create in Retail Pro is called ON HAND: By Item and can be easily created in Retail Pro 8. Below are the steps you take to create this report.
- Select Analysis > Reports from the top menu.
- Select Merchandise from the right-side menu.
- Double-click on the ON HAND: By Item report to run it.
- If you would like to narrow the products you sell online to specific products, like from a particular store, hit Filter Criteria and select the appropriate fields. Click OK when done.
- From the Export menu, select Send to Excel (as text).
- Once the report has been exported to Excel, go to the File menu and select Save As.
- Enter a File Name and select CSV (Comma delimited) next to Save as type. Make sure you note where you save the file as you will need it when uploading it to Store Manager.
Using Modern Retail's Store Manager website, you can upload the Retail Pro report you created and saved above.
- Login to Store Manager and enter your E-Mail Address and Password.
- Once you've been logged into Store Manager, go to Website > POS Integration > Inventory Upload.
- Click the Upload button at the top of the page and browse to the location where you saved the On Hand inventory report above.
- Depending upon the size of the file being uploaded, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes to upload your file to Store Manager. The status indicator will let you know how your upload is progressing. Once the upload has been completed, it will automatically be processed and your inventory will be sent to your website.
That's it! Creating the file in Retail Pro and uploading it to Store Manager is all you need to do to update the inventory on your website. You can perform this process as often as you like, but many retailers create a habit of doing it when they first get into the store in the morning.