Sometimes you will need to edit the static blocks on your site. These static blocks can be located anywhere, but will most likely be in the footer or on the homepage. To edit static blocks, follow these easy steps:
- From the dashboard, click on CMS and select Static Blocks.
- Scroll down to the static block you wish to edit and double click to open it.
- In the Content box, you will find the content of the static block. Below you will find some common edits that can be made here.
- To change the image, delete any image that is there by selecting it and deleting it.
- To insert a new image, click the Show/Hide Editor button so that the menu of icons appears.
- Click Insert Image button (picture of a tree icon)
- Click Browse Files in the browser pop-up to find the file
- In the Magento file pop-up box, select the file you wish to insert and click Insert File
- In the browser pop up, click Insert
- To change the link on the image, select the image itself by highlighting it
- Click on the Insert/Edit Link button (unbroken chain link icon)
- In the pop up window, fill in the Link URL field with the link information
- Click Update
- To change the text in the static block, simply edit the text on the screen