We received a charge-back and it says that in order to dispute, we need to provide positive AVS. Where can I find this?
Credit card companies often require a positive AVS (Address verification service) match when a retailer is disputing a charge-back. You can find this information with Authorize.net. Follow these steps:
- Log into Authorize.net.
- Select Search by Batch from the left menu.
- Enter the Customer's last name in the field. You do not need to fill out any of the other fields on this page!
- Hit Search.
- When the transaction comes up, click on the Transaction ID to get the details.
The details will show you the following information:
- Settlement Information
- Authorization Information
- Payment Information
- Order Information
- Customer Billing Information
The Authorization Information is the field the credit card companies are generally looking for. This detail page can be printed for the credit card companies and the charge-back dispute.