Modern Retail's integration with Quickbooks POS allows your Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento website to synchronize data with Quickbooks POS. This article gives you an overview of how this integration works and the interaction between Quickbooks POS and your e-commerce website.
The following is how data flows back and forth between Quickbooks POS and your website that's been built using Shopify, Bigcommerce, WooCommerce or Magento, which we will call your "e-commerce platform."
- Modern Retail's Quickbooks POS Integrator gets installed on your host computer. This Integrator connects Quickbooks POS to Modern Retail's integration services.
- In Quickbooks POS, you can decide which products you'd like to sell online.
- Modern Retail can perform some advanced data manipulation features in our Integrator. Magento customers typically need "attribute mapping" done before the data gets to Magento, and this is all done with the Integrator. For example, Modern Retail has the ability to map colors, so instead of 20 different colors of red being added in Magento for Red, Rose, Wine, etc., all you will see in Magento is one attribute called Red.
- Showing all in-store and online orders in Quickbooks POS gives you a complete view of your customers' in-store and online buying habits.
- How frequently this integration runs is up to you, but most retailers find that a 30 or 60 minute interval works well. Shorter intervals are possible depending on your selected e-commerce platform.
Quickbooks "Financials" Synchronization
Occasionally people will ask us if our Integrator updates Quickbooks "financials". The answer is yes but not directly. Let me explain.
Technically there's a 7th Step to process explained above and that's Quickbooks Point of Sale synchronizing it's data with Quickbooks Financials. Modern Retail's Quickbooks Integrator really has nothing to do with the exchange of data between Quickbooks POS and Quickbooks Financial and instead is something that is done within Quickbooks software suite.
The entire flow can simplified to the following:
If you have any questions on how this Quickbooks POS integration works, please send us a Support Request, and we'd be happy to help.