We feel it's important to understand exactly how the Modern Retail Integration works, as well as how our various features work. With that in mind, in this article we're going to discuss the typical process for Ship from Store orders. Some elements of this process may be tweaked for individual needs, which we'll talk about in the end of this article.
- The customer places the order.
- The order flows to the Modern Retail Admin Panel, where you'll be able to view it.
- The location(s) for the order are assigned in the Admin Panel, likely according to the Rules you've set up.
- The order & any relevant updates are sent to ShipStation. No changes are made.
- The order is shipped according to the location set in the Admin Panel.
- The order is updated in the Admin Panel to indicate that it has been shipped.
- The order is updated in your POS system & ecommerce platform to indicate that it has been shipped, and is marked as "fulfilled" if relevant.
- The customer receives an email stating that their order has been shipped, along with a tracking number.
Depending on your individual needs, this process may be tweaked in a variety of ways. If you think this is something you'll need, please feel free to reach out to us with a Support Request.