Every employee that works within Magento must have their own User ID and Password. Additionally, their Magento credentials must be unique to Magento. Users should not use a favorite password that is also used on other sites.
Administrators have the ability to create users and assign them Roles. Here's how.
- Log into Magento > System > Permissions > Users
- Select "Add New User" in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the Required Fields on the next screen.
NOTE: If you use a password storage tool like RoboForm, Dashlane or LastPass, consider using the password generator for the password. This will insure the password is truly unique.
- User Role: Your new user must be assigned a Role in order for the user to work or access any of the Magento menus. Select the Role they should have.
- Save User: When ready, select "save user" in the upper right corner. NOTE: You'll be required to enter your password before saving the user.
NOTE: The role Administrator should be reserved for the Account Owner and Modern Retail staff. All other users should be assigned a different role.